force_more_message filters?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 7th October 2012, 00:47

force_more_message filters?

I'm trying to get a force_more_message for basically everything related to gods. Specifically changes in piety, xom's actions, divine wrath.

I tried this:

Code:
force_more_message = god:

but that puts a --more-- on "Vehumet accepts your kill".... which is too tedious to play.

Then I tried:
  Code:
# Announce gain/loss of god-given abilities
force_more_message = can now
force_more_message = can no longer
force_more_message = will now

which works much better, but I need to keep adding exceptions.... so far it looks like this

Spoiler: show
  Code:
force_more_message = can now
force_more_message = can no longer
force_more_message = will now
force_more_message = divine experience
force_more_message = Jiyva alters your body
force_more_message = Ashenzari warns
force_more_message = Ashenzari keeps your vision and mind clear
force_more_message = You have a vision of .* gate
force_more_message = reconsider your skills
force_more_message = Ashenzari no longer
force_more_message = Ashenzari supports your skills
force_more_message = keeps your vision and mind clear
force_more_message = Vehumet is
force_more_message = vengeance finds you

And I'm never sure if I caught them all.

What I really want is to say something like this:

Code:
force_more_message = god:
force_more_message -= accepts .* kill

Something like that would be amazing -- as a side effect it should even get the game to pause for a heart-stopping moment whenever Xom says or does anything, without having to dig through spoilers to gather up every possible xom action for the latest release of the game :)

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 8th October 2012, 12:54

Re: force_more_message filters?

You can use lua to conditionalize your rcfile. For example you can stop on all god messages for those gods where you want a more prompt for all messages, and only use a list of messages for the gods where this doesn't work. MarvinPA's rcfile has something like this for Xom I think. I am not sure when the conditions are evaluated, you may have to save after taking up a god to enable them.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 9th October 2012, 01:44

That makes sense. That should make ashenzari, in particular, easier... as his messages don't follow a pattern like many others do.

And thanks for the note about having to save for those to work; that makes sense too.

Looking at MarvinPA's rcfile, I see that runrest_stop_message has the counterpart runrest_ignore_message... it seems(?) that earlier runrest commands override later ones.

Would it be worth submitting a patch to add ignore_more_message (or force_unmore_message or something) to the init.txt parser, making it work the same as runrest_ignore_message? If so, which sourcefile should I be aiming at?

Then it would look like:

force_unmore_message += pray:
force_more_message += god:

problem solved 8-)

I want a force_more_message on encountering any unique, and one for encountering any Pan lord too... I might try to implement those too, somehow.

For this message the author typhen has received thanks:
Neon

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 9th October 2012, 03:30

typhen wrote:I want a force_more_message on encountering any unique, and one for encountering any Pan lord too... I might try to implement those too, somehow.

Code:
force_more_message = .*[A-Z][a-z].* comes? into view
force_more_message = .*pandemonium lord.* comes? into view

works in 0.10. The first one does not work in 0.11 due to case-sensitivity being removed, if you find a way around this let me know! (The "pandemonium lord" entry is only for when you encounter "3 imps, a hydra, and 2 pandemonium lords" etc.)
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Return to Technical Support