0.11 can't create folder

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 6th October 2012, 01:28

0.11 can't create folder

I wanted to play the new 0.11version but every time I started it, it always did exit instantly. When I used the console executable I had this error " Save directory [directory/crawl/saves] does not exist and I can't create it."

I created the folder but then it asked for morgue folder. Is there some kind of solution to this, besides creating everything manually?

I think I hand this kind of problem some time ago too and I somehow managed to get over it.

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 6th October 2012, 08:07

Re: 0.11 can't create folder

Using the zip file? Looks like you've installed it in a directory for which you have no right permissions. You can't write to C: by default on win7 I think.
You can either change the permissions, install in your user directory or use the installer.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 6th October 2012, 21:40

Re: 0.11 can't create folder

Well. I managed to install the game using the zip file. It is not only Windows 7 problem because I am using Windows XP. It is rather some kind of bug within installer. I did a fresh install so there were no previous config files that could cause problems.

There is also a topic, a couple posts beneath, that is about the same problem as mine. I did not seen it because I was tired. Also since this was a new version so, I thought it is a new bug, not the same old one.

Return to Technical Support