upgrading from 0.10 to 0.11

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Vestibule Violator

Post Tuesday, 2nd October 2012, 23:04

upgrading from 0.10 to 0.11

When upgrading from 0.10.3 to 0.11 (using the zip file, into a new directory), can I keep my old saves / scores/etc.? I tried copying over the saves/ and morgue/ folders, but not the saves/sb/ and saves/des/ etc as they looked like they needed to be made from the right version (was that an error?). The highscore table and mortem viewer worked fine, but all my saves were in red and it said the version is incompatible - do you want to delete? They aren't MDSts grandfathered from older versions :).

tiles + console, Windows 7-64 if that matters.
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 2nd October 2012, 23:11

Re: upgrading from 0.10 to 0.11

Saved games aren't compatible (because of the portal vault rewrite, IIRC), so you'll have to finish them in 0.10 ;)
saves/db and saves/des are databases that will just be regenerated if the version doesn't match -- copying or not copying them from an older version shouldn't have any effect.
Scores can of course be kept.

For this message the author edlothiol has received thanks:
rchandra

Return to Technical Support