blasting macros

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Thursday, 27th September 2012, 16:12

blasting macros

I've got a few macros set up to quickly cast DD spells at the nearest target like:

1 -> zzf
2 -> zcf
3 -> zgf

where z is throw flame, c is poison arrow, and g is fireball.

90% of the time, which is absolutely fantastic, they do what I expect, but there are a couple questions I have

1) When I'm in the lair, and come across a nest of green rats, I just like to spam '1' about 20 times, which just casts throw flame at the nearest rat, and quickly eradicates the plague. But when I run out of rats, the nearest target becomes myself by default, and I get prompted with something along the lines of "Are you sure you want to cast throw flame at yourself?" This causes me to have to press [ESC] to exit that prompt. Ideally, it would just give me a benign message like "There are no targets in view" and let me carry on without the extra keystroke. Yah I know, it's a VERY small inconvenience, I was just wondering if there's a better way I could write my macro to avoid that.

2) With some recent changes, my macro above (3) which casts fireball at the nearest target now will:

a) target plants, fungi, and moldy corpses
b) Target squares which are next to monsters which are out of range to be targeted.

These changes are awesome, and very welcome.

With (a) above, sometimes the auto targeting will prefer a plant over a monster which is in my LOS and can be hit if I target a square next to it (sometimes). It would be nice if the auto-targeting would pick the latter and not the former. i.e. I'd rather hit the death yaks than nuke a plant which is not doing me any harm. At the same time, I love that if there are no hostiles, that it auto-targets plants.

With (b), I'd like to see smarter targeting. If there is a pack of sheep or something, the auto targeting will often choose a square that will not hit the optimal number of sheep. I'd like something that will maximize the number of mobs that the 9-square blast will hit.

Again, very small inconveniences which can be overcome with manual targeting, I was just wondering if there was already a way to do any of this without substantial Lua work.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 27th September 2012, 16:44

Re: blasting macros

Code:
allow_self_target      = no

That will fix problem one. Problem requires changes to the targeting code.

For this message the author BlackSheep has received thanks:
Moose

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 27th September 2012, 22:48

Re: blasting macros

allow_self_target = no is pretty nice except it's annoying to have to go and turn it off again when you have a wand of healing/hasting or something soft-identified and want to self-zap it. Another option is just to add an escape to the end of your macro (for me it's zzf\{27} but i think the number that represents escape varies depending on your system, to find it just try and macro something to escape).

Return to Technical Support