Undrestanding weird "code" in knowledge bot

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 19th September 2012, 07:44

Undrestanding weird "code" in knowledge bot

This has been bugging me for a while... This is message for menkaure at http://crawl.develz.org/info/index.php?q=menkaure

A unique, early mummy, also found in Ossuary. Knows pain, torment, and haste. Orc-wizard magenta! Gives normal mummy death curses.
Don't leave him for the endgame: !lm ionfrigate hofi uniq=menkaure 1 -tv

What does the bold part mean? How do I read it? It almost appears like some sort of metalanguage of develz ;)
4 wins so far: MiBe (4), DrMo(15), HoFi(15), DsDK(6)

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 19th September 2012, 08:19

Re: Undrestanding weird "code" in knowledge bot

I'm almost sure this is an IRC command that requests a certain game to be shown as a replay. Hence the "-tv" end. Now if I only remembered how to watch the replays..
I think you have to connect trough terminal.

Oh, here it is:
http://crawl.develz.org/info/index.php?q=footv

Edit:
Now a question to others. Is there any other way to watch those? Or do you have to connect through terminal/putty/whatever?

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 19th September 2012, 09:59

Re: Undrestanding weird "code" in knowledge bot

MIC132 wrote:Now a question to others. Is there any other way to watch those? Or do you have to connect through terminal/putty/whatever?

You can also download the ttyrec and watch it locally with a player, but you won't be able to easily jump to milestones.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Technical Support