SOLVED - Tiles Trunk stuck loading forever in WinXP32

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Eringya's Employee

Post Tuesday, 7th August 2012, 07:25

SOLVED - Tiles Trunk stuck loading forever in WinXP32

So I got on my old computer, a 6 year old desktop running WinXP 32-bit, using a GeForce 7300 GPU (the drivers of which I just updated yesterday to the latest possible to see if that would change anything).

The game gets stuck on "Loading Databases..." forever and if I click within the window, the program goes into "not responding", forcing me to end it abruptly, without a hard-reset, luckily.

The problem is, I used to be able to play offline trunk tiles in the past, but now I'm having this issue.

I can play Webtiles just fine, but can you help me enjoy trunk tiles offline too? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I just tried crawl_tiles-0.10-b1-117 (which I got from the exact same feed I get trunk) and it works just fine. Something has changed in trunk, then?
Last edited by TehDruid on Tuesday, 7th August 2012, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 7th August 2012, 12:26

Re: Tiles Trunk stuck loading forever in WinXP32

There were some loading issues that were resolved relatively recently; not sure if they're only in trunk. If that's the problem, you could try re-downloading the archive of stable and extracting it to a different path to see if it works OK there (assuming you're not using the installer version, which will put your saves, etc. in a folder in %appdata%.)

Eringya's Employee

Post Tuesday, 7th August 2012, 12:37

JeffQyzt wrote:You could try re-downloading the archive of stable and extracting it to a different path to see if it works OK there (assuming you're not using the installer version, which will put your saves, etc. in a folder in %appdata%.)

Well, I always download the ZIP which only includes the tiles version, not the installer. I did download 0.10 and it works, I mentioned this above. The problem lies with some change in trunk, it seems. I'll dl the console equivalent and see if that works. I'll also try the installer, maybe that's going to help.
MuCK;
  Code:

Eringya's Employee

Post Tuesday, 7th August 2012, 17:39

Problem solved, I uncommented the "2 - File System" options except for the sound one (set to the default ones) in init.txt and now the game launches just fine.

Cheers, can't wait to see more of the new tiles in action. Go, go, Roctavian, dd and all who make those beautiful tiles. :)
MuCK;
  Code:

Return to Technical Support