[Webtiles] Ghost game stuck, prevents spectating actual game

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 12th July 2012, 13:22

[Webtiles] Ghost game stuck, prevents spectating actual game

Hey guys, dunno where I'd post this elsewhere. But thing is, I kind of slipped with my mouse hand, and suddenly I had pressed a button that made it go back to the previous page.
Except it didn't, and instead left a ghost game that makes spectators unable to watch "the actual" game. (Instead, they get to enjoy the title screen.)

And if you ask why they can't, this ghost game still has my name, and for some reason such games as it will always have higher priority.
So if there are two "Bloax", which there would be if I'd play; joining either of them will result in joining the bugged one.

It happened right here, to be exact. As you can see, there's Bloax with a XL20 FeMo, and "he's" been idle for 8 hours now.
Would it be possible to smack that ghost down? (There are plenty of others, too.) :|
take it easy
  Code:
!lg * won !DD-- min=turns -log
<Sequell> 20749. Bloax, XL24 VSTm, T:13320: http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/Bloax/morgue-Bloax-20140907-000920.txt

Did you know that I like ruining crawl every now and then? Go check it out.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 12th July 2012, 14:35

Re: [Webtiles] Ghost game stuck, prevents spectating actual

Let me say I'm guessing here, and doing this coud delete an ongoing game.

If you ssh into CAO and choose Advanced options instead of Play, you have a choice to delete your save game. I don't see the same option when I ssh into CDO, but I don't have an active game going at CDO. You might delete the wrong save file if you have an active game gioing. I don't know if CDO shares saves between tiles and console games, but I'm pretty sure it shares options.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 12th July 2012, 14:47

jejorda2 wrote:I don't know if CDO shares saves between tiles and console games

It doesn't (it's planned though). Also, deleting his save file wouldn't really help here.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 12th July 2012, 14:59

This is a known problem, but one with which I still haven't made any progress. Short of restarting the server program, there's sadly no way to remove the ghost game.

What did you do exactly that got you the ghost game?

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 12th July 2012, 21:23

I accidentally pressed a button that made the browser go back to the previous page (in this case, #lobby), but instead of that it threw me into the view you get if you watch that ghost game.
And so the problem started.

And sorry for the late reply (I should've reported this at 9 AM), I kind of fell asleep after the ghost appeared. Then I posted this, and then I went to Zzz-land again. And that was until 11 PM. "Oops."
take it easy
  Code:
<Sequell> 20749. Bloax, XL24 VSTm, T:13320: http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/Bloax/morgue-Bloax-20140907-000920.txt

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 12th July 2012, 23:23

Interesting inconsistency. (Also, haha. Looks like spectators are open again.)
Player/Spectator view, in order:
ImageImage

Everything is aligned just fine, it's just that I suck at cropping with 100% precision.

But the map isn't aligned identically between the views.
And yes, that's me spectating myself.
take it easy
  Code:

Return to Technical Support