(Still) can't use .rc-file on webtiles

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 7th August 2012, 11:07

(Still) can't use .rc-file on webtiles

When I play DCSS 0.10 offline I've got no problems to configure the .rc-file and it works fine.

However, when playing online (tiles.crawl.develz.org) I never managed this. I use linux ubuntu with firefox 12.0. It is possible to open, edit and save the .rc-file, but when I start the game no changes will apply. It seems that the .rc-file isn't loaded at all. What's happening? I tried with cookies and asked players in the chat.
Last edited by Turgon on Thursday, 13th September 2012, 14:11, edited 3 times in total.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 7th August 2012, 11:19

Re: Can't use .rc-file on webtiles

What's your username?

Edit: Nevermind, found it (I'm assuming it's also Turgon). What options exactly do you want to change?

Spider Stomper

Post Tuesday, 7th August 2012, 11:48

Re: Can't use .rc-file on webtiles

edlothiol wrote:What's your username?

Edit: Nevermind, found it (I'm assuming it's also Turgon). What options exactly do you want to change?

Yes, it's also Turgon.

Just for trying if it works I had changed the options "show_gold_turns" and "show_game_turns" some months ago, which will allow you to see immediately if the changes are applied. If this happens I'll look for some other options or test other .rc-files.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 13th September 2012, 14:04

The problem is still unsolved, and the more I play DCSS the more I miss the possibility of editing my .rc-file.

Funnily, on CSZO (0.11) my .rc-file works without any problems. But American CSZO is too slow when played from Germany, so I always play my games on CDO (0.10).

*How* will my .rc-file work on CDO? What's the problem? Does anybody have an idea?

I also asked this in my native language but without success up to now.

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 13th September 2012, 14:47

Re: (Still) can't use .rc-file on webtiles

Sorry, I still don't see anything wrong with your config file on CDO.

Have you tried making a new account on CDO?

For this message the author edlothiol has received thanks:
Turgon

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 13th September 2012, 17:12

edlothiol wrote:Sorry, I still don't see anything wrong with your config file on CDO.

Have you tried making a new account on CDO?

I made a new account "rcTestTurgon" and it works. Then I made some more changes in Turgon's .rc and it worked too. Suddenly I see my amount of gold and my turncount in the upper right corner!

Great! I don't know why but now it seems alright. :-)

Edit: As I read in a comment of galehar the .rc-file of MarvinPA is quite popular. So I copied it into my file. There are some useful features!

Return to Technical Support