Disable Mouse in Tile Version

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Friday, 6th April 2012, 16:36

Disable Mouse in Tile Version

Is there a way to disable all mouse input in the tile version?

The mouse_input setting in init.txt doesn't seem to be changing anything for me.

It's not a big deal but I occasionally accidentally touch the touchpad on my laptop while I am playing and would prefer it to do nothing. Really I would even prefer for the cursor to not show up as well.

Thanks in advance!

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 7th April 2012, 16:30

Re: Disable Mouse in Tile Version

Hmm. After reading the help file, I'm still not sure what mouse_input actually does!

On the other side of things though, most laptops do have some way to disable the trackpad. For instance, I have mine set to automatically turn off whenever I have my external mouse plugged in. There's also often some kind of a shortcut to toggle the trackpad on/off. I'd recommend either poking around in your mouse options or properties (under the control panel, if you're on windows) or looking up what the shortcut is for your make and model.

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 7th April 2012, 18:41

Re: Disable Mouse in Tile Version

the mouse_input option is used to enable mouse support in console games. Which is crazy btw.

And no, I don't think there's any way to disable mouse in local tiles.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Technical Support