Disable the run keys

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Vestibule Violator

Post Saturday, 31st March 2012, 03:03

Disable the run keys

Alright, I got some questions about messing around with init.txt

One thing I'd like to disable is 12346789, which duplicate the run behavior you get from hitting shift + direction. Since I'm on a laptop without a numpad, the time it takes to stop and think to remember which number goes which way isn't worth the saved keystroke. Additionally, sometimes when I go to tap '5' for resting up, I accidentally get '4' or '6', sending my character off and running at low health, into potential disaster (luckily, no YASDs from this yet).

I tried

bindkey = [6] CMD_NO_CMD_DEFAUT

but this doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions? Do I need to bind a different key, or is there an option to just turn the num run off all at once?

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 31st March 2012, 13:05

Re: Disable the run keys

Personally I have them all macroed to some key that does nothing (I forget which). Weird that binding them directly to CMD_NO_CMD_DEFAULT doesn't work though, it probably should do.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 2nd April 2012, 06:05

Re: Disable the run keys

Okay, I figured out why bindkey doesn't work, I think. The run commands aren't actually bound the the numbers! Walk is bound to the vi keys, and run to the cap vi keys.

So what seems to happen is I hit 6, crawl reads that as L, and L is vi for run right, which then happens. So

bindkey = [L] CMD_NO_CMD_DEFAUT

works. I hit 6, crawl reads L, but then L does nothing. Problem with this solution is of course, now instead of having two run commands, I have none. :p Obviously not desirable.

What I'm wondering now is where the 6 = L happens.

Return to Technical Support