Webtiles UI reporting incorrect information

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 15th March 2012, 09:32

Webtiles UI reporting incorrect information

screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/Q8sFA.jpg

2 Errors: One, I have higher current health than my max health. I'm not actually sure which one was correct, I think the lower one was (the 227 showed in the rot area). I don't know if it would have actually taken 230 damage to kill me or 227, but since the character dumps seemed to always be bug free I assume that 227 damage would have been fatal.

Two: that turn count was wrong. It is much higher than my actual turn count. Now I like to take it slow and meander around the dungeon as much as anyone else (Hell, I'm worshipping Chei!) but my actual turn count was roughly 100k turns, not 230k. I could confirm this by dumping the character and checking the file, the turn counts did not match. The character is now dead a short time after this screen shot and had 116k turns at death, here is the yasd thread: https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4081

edit: I started this character, then saved, edited the rc file, and enabled the show gold/game turns option, and resumed playing the character from there. I think the turn count was wrong from the first reload after changing the rc file, so hopefully that info is helpful. The incorrect max hp problem only happened many hours later in the late game.

A third and not pictured bug is the "Wp" in the UI which lists your weapon would occasionally not show - either nothing was printed and the line started with the ":" or it would print the p. But my weapon was always listed at least.

hxy

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 15th March 2012, 10:57

Re: Webtiles UI reporting incorrect information

I've asked about the turn count display previously (here), and there was an explanation for that

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 16th March 2012, 05:27

So it seems like from that response that even though it takes me roughly 3 turns to take one step, as far as scoring is concerned, I am only performing one action and so it records one step for it? In other words, my score will be higher since it uses a much lower value for most actions (only attacking/wielding items are faster than 1.0 usually)...works for me I suppose :)

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 16th March 2012, 06:43

you're seeing this because you have enabled the show_game_turns option. If you want to see the turn count used for scoring (player turns), disable it.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Technical Support