Going up a level exits game?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 18:40

Going up a level exits game?

Is anyone familiar with this one?

I can go down a level, but w/e I go up a level the game exits. I don't die or anything. The character is still there. The game just exits.
It seems to be tied to one character only.

Is there some thing that is likely to cause this behavior?

Honestly, I am not interested in a drawn out troubleshooting experience. If there's a quick fix, or some likely things I can try, I'm all game.
Otherwise I'll just start another character

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 19:38

Re: Going up a level exits game?

Sounds like a crash bug. Could you make a bug report and upload your savefile? Even if you start a new character, it would be good to take a look at that bug since it seems to be pretty severe.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Lair Larrikin

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 19:44

galehar wrote:Sounds like a crash bug. Could you make a bug report and upload your savefile? Even if you start a new character, it would be good to take a look at that bug since it seems to be pretty severe.

I'd be glad to.
Is there a page with instructions somewhere?

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 20:51

On the main page of the website, click "Bugs and Suggestions". Links and instructions are there.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 23:27

Can you check if you made a Macro by binding the "exit" key to the "go up" key. (you can just try to go up stair without standing on one)

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 4th March 2012, 02:49

varsovie wrote:Can you check if you made a Macro by binding the "exit" key to the "go up" key. (you can just try to go up stair without standing on one)

You can't go up here!

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 18th June 2012, 03:46

I have found this issues too. I have had it happen quite a few times when in the temple and I become Overburdened. You try and use the stairs and the game exits. Doesn't matter if you use keyboard shortcuts or mouse clicks with shift. It is very troublesome when it happens late in the game. I have not been able to duplicate it in any noticeable pattern and the crash file does not get generated. Thus why I have not reported on this either. I am trying to figure out what I do that causes it, but when using the temple as a stash it has happened more often for me.
One out of fouw people suffews fwom Ewmuh Fudd Syndwome. Guess whaaat?

Return to Technical Support