having trouble with morgue_dir and save_dir options

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 27th February 2012, 08:40

having trouble with morgue_dir and save_dir options

As suggested by Kilnborn, I'm trying to set up dropbox to sync my morgue/saves folders with friends, to get benefits of both online and local play. So I moved crawls morgue/saves folders to D:\Dropbox\crawl\morgue and ...\saves respectively.

In the init.txt, I have the following in the paths section:
  Code:
# crawl_dir  = <path>
morgue_dir = D:\Dropbox\crawl\morgue
save_dir   = D:\Dropbox\crawl\saves
# macro_dir  = settings/

The autosave and manual saves are working, but when my test character dies or leaves the dungeon or quits, the game immediately closes (no inventory or highscore table), and I can resume from the last save (auto or manual). Mortems do not seem to be generated either, but one that I tried in wizard mode did make the mortem. I know some people would love this "feature" but it's not at all what I wanted, what am I doing wrong?

I did try disabling dropbox to make sure nothing funny was going on there due to syncing, no change.

I'm using the windows tiles version 0.10, from the zip.
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 27th February 2012, 09:12

Re: having trouble with morgue_dir and save_dir options

Try setting crawl_dir to D:\Dropbox\crawl and leaving the other 2 options commented.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

For this message the author galehar has received thanks:
rchandra

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 27th February 2012, 09:34

Re: having trouble with morgue_dir and save_dir options

ok, changed that.

on first loading the game, my saves were not in the main menu.

I started a character, immediately quit, and got the inventory/highscore as expected. after that my saves were there, and I successfully quit/killed the other test characters.
on re-opening the game, again my saves were not visible until after a character was played and killed again. If I save the game with it instead, on the next load that character (only) is there - if he is killed I return to the main menu and see my other saves.

crawl also re-created the morgue and saves folders in its own directory (morgue is blank, saves has its subfolders and their contents and gets the character I make and quit to get the other characters)

thanks for your help!

edit: setting crawl_dir as you suggested, and the other lines as I originally did, seems to be working thus far
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Return to Technical Support