Installation issues

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 18th November 2011, 19:23

Installation issues

Hi gentlemen,

I began some days ago with DCSS 0.8.1 and played some tutorial scenarios, then I saw the 0.9.1 version was available and I downloaded / installed it (running Vista).

Since then, I am unable to launch games or tutorials. I have uninstalled all the stuff, CCleaned the Universe, rebooted the Kosmos and so on. Nevertheless, when I launch the re-installed DC version :

- the splash screen runs ok and the main menu is displayed
- if I try to launch Dungeon Sprint (never played before), it's ok
- if I try to launch Dungeon Crawl or Tutorial for Dungeon Crawl, the game crashes.

NB : my 2 saved games under DC 0.8.1 still appear in the "saved games" section, although I have uninstalled the old version, deleted the directories and cleaned the registry. I suspect the crash has something to do with those ghosts games.

Any clues to unlock the game ?

AtT

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 18th November 2011, 20:17

Re: Installation issues

For this message the author AtT has received thanks:
Herode2

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 18th November 2011, 23:48

0.8 and 0.9 saves are actually compatible. There is a crawl folder in %APPDATA%, for a full uninstall you need to delete that too. Feel free to copy over the saves though, they shouldn't cause any problems. I prefer manual unpacking because everything (including saves and settings) is in the same place, I never liked the crawl installer. I have no idea what is causing your problems, but deleting the remaining 0.8 files might help.

For this message the author Galefury has received thanks:
Herode2

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 19th November 2011, 09:08

OK, I have manually installed the 0.9.1 version, worked a little better but still there was some kind of mess in the games. The lod .exe (crawl-iles.exe) still displayed the old games (and ceashed), the new exe (craxl.exe) did not display any game. I launched a tuto, the new exe did not crash, but each time I escaped the game and opened it again, it opened another game instead (one of the games the old exe displayed in its list :? ).

Also, I notices that the crawl directory was locked when I tries to delete it, so obviously there is some process running out of control hereand refusing to die. I suspect the bug lies here.

So this morning I deleted all the saves, uninstalled all the stuff, reinstalled from scratch (with the installer, because I love challenges ^^) and now it seems to be working. At least I can launch the tutos again :mrgreen:

Thanks for the tips, guys !

Return to Technical Support