Can't find morgue since switch to .9

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Lair Larrikin

Post Sunday, 23rd October 2011, 23:20

Can't find morgue since switch to .9

Hey all.

I apologise if somewhere this topic has been done to death, but I couldn't find this specific issue. Early this month I found out that the Crawl that shipped with Ubuntu is old. So I promptly downloaded .9. Works great except for a few small issues. I lack permission to change any of the options in the options file, and I can't find the new morgue - the old one is still there, but the new file address, which is home/(user name)/.crawl/morgue/(character name).txt doesn't seem to exist in my file system.

The options thing is bothering me because I like to move my character manually and see the moves, but I can't change the travel delay. Literally I cannot find the way to actually alter the data. I know that this is user error. I'm hoping someone in here knows Ubuntu and can walk me through it.

The morgue/char dump issue means I can't really ask for help here in the forum with my characters in progress. when I hit # I get the message "char successfully dumped to..." But then I try to find that file, or that directory, and I can't. I simply can't find anything resembling where the game thinks it's putting my data. More user error, most likely.

Any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome and very much appreciated.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 24th October 2011, 00:00

Re: Can't find morgue since switch to .9

you could try using the find command to look for (character name).txt
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 24th October 2011, 00:11

Results;
find: `Teus.txt': No such file or directory

Nuts. :)

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 24th October 2011, 13:34

Unless things have changed, search for <uid><character name>.txt. The Linux version prepends the numeric user ID to the character name for morgue and save files.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

For this message the author Stormfox has received thanks:
crow

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 25th October 2011, 06:01

I had this same problem in crawl .9.1 on Windows. I can't find any files in the Crawl directory with my character's name, or even with the name "morgue."

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Tuesday, 25th October 2011, 06:43

File200 wrote:I had this same problem in crawl .9.1 on Windows. I can't find any files in the Crawl directory with my character's name, or even with the name "morgue."

If you use the installer I think the Crawl files get stuck in your %APPDATA% directory.

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 25th October 2011, 17:19

Corolay: Dn't use the installer.

A local copy of the folder should give the morgue in the main folder of Crawl.
duvessa wrote:Christ, you can't remove anything without tavern complaining about it.

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 28th October 2011, 09:45

Stormfox! Thank you very much. I found it. :) Now I don't suppose anyone knows how I might go about changing permissions in init.txt so that I might change the travel delay in tiles? :D Again, thanks!

Return to Technical Support