numpad when numlock walking NOT WORKING

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 29th July 2021, 06:25

numpad when numlock walking NOT WORKING

since yesterday 28 July 2021

When i press numlock i could normally use numpad to walk in all 8 directions.
now i cannot.

i can use normal arrow keys for up down left right fine.
Was there any change?
Can anyone observe me results?
Last edited by qepasa on Friday, 30th July 2021, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.

Zot Zealot

Post Thursday, 29th July 2021, 08:40

Re: numpad when numlock walking NOT WORKING

I have similar problems. When scrolling up/down my inventory, I can't use numpad keys any longer. (Yesterday everything was alright.) I'm playing 0.26 on CXC webtiles.

What happened to numpad keys?

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 29th July 2021, 15:20

I'm guessing it's related to https://github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/7 ... 94fd46d3b2. Which was partially reverted two hours ago; is it still a problem?

Dungeon Master

Post Thursday, 29th July 2021, 16:11

I've committed a bunch of followup fixes that should resolve all issues that I know about. They aren't live on all servers yet, but hopefully when your server has trunk version 0.28-a0-49-geb8ac83edc these issues will be resolved. The rebuild app on CXC in particular isn't working for me, so that will need to wait until it naturally rebuilds.

For this message the author advil has received thanks: 2
andrew, qepasa

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 30th July 2021, 06:13

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 30th July 2021, 21:07

Related to that, I'm now playing 0.27 on underhound, and I cannot set the page-up and page-down keys for a macro. I need these for direction keys for my German Thinkpad keyboard that does not have a number pad.
When I try to set a key value, say for the page-up key (33) it uses the exclamation mark key, and when I try to do it from the key itself, nothing happens. Assigning a macro was never a problem until today, that I start playing the released version of 0.27 in the tournament. Any help will be welcome.
Maɟaŋ

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 31st July 2021, 16:18

qepasa wrote:https://underhound.eu:8080/#play-dcss-0.27

its working again

Yes, working again on CXC too. Thanks!

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 31st July 2021, 18:12

Majang wrote:Related to that, I'm now playing 0.27 on underhound, and I cannot set the page-up and page-down keys for a macro. I need these for direction keys for my German Thinkpad keyboard that does not have a number pad.
When I try to set a key value, say for the page-up key (33) it uses the exclamation mark key, and when I try to do it from the key itself, nothing happens. Assigning a macro was never a problem until today, that I start playing the released version of 0.27 in the tournament. Any help will be welcome.

First guess as to what is happening here: the macro mapping interface incorrectly intercepts pgup in webtiles (there's a fix for this in trunk but I've stopped messing with 0.27 until after the tournament is over), and so you do need to enter it by keycode. But positive keycodes in crawl are interpreted as character codes (for the most part, ascii character codes). It happens that the javascript keycode for pgup is 33, but this is the ascii code for !, which is how the macro entry menu interprets 33. So you'll need to use the crawl-internal keycode for pgup to set this by number, which is -246. Here's a quick list of the main ones: -245: pgdn, -246: pgup,-247: clear, -248: end, -249: home, -251: right, -252: left,-253: down, -254: up

If this isn't what's going on, I'd need more information to debug, can you enter some of the relevant keys in this tool and send me a screenshot?

For this message the author advil has received thanks:
Majang

Crypt Cleanser

Post Saturday, 31st July 2021, 18:34

Dear advil, thanks for your help! Your information helped me to solve the problem. I had also tried these numbers you gave me, because I found them in my 0.26 macro file, but they didn't work. Until you now mentioned positive numbers, which alerted me to the fact that these numbers need to be entered as negatives. And that solved it. My macros work as before.
Most grateful! :P
Maɟaŋ

Return to Technical Support