Where do bug reports go?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 24th October 2020, 23:24

Where do bug reports go?

I have the impression that Mantis isn't getting checked regularly. Is that accurate? If so, what is the recommended destination for bug reports these days?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 25th October 2020, 01:31

Re: Where do bug reports go?

It appears that some reports are being updated, I'm not sure if there's any indication that mantis is being less used, but maybe there's less activity there than normal?
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
andrew

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 25th October 2020, 03:06

It looks to me as though the last time an admin (which I assume corresponds to a dev?) replied there was over a month ago. I guess it's possible they just look for new bugs once a month and then fix everything then. (Though I'd sort of like my crash to be fixed sooner rather than later, so I can finish my game. ;) But yeah can't expect that.)

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 25th October 2020, 04:20

For anyone with a CDO (/tavern/mantis) account, it's still fine to put bug reports on mantis.

##crawl-dev is notified of mantis reports, so bug reports there are still being seen by the devteam, even if it doesn't look like there's much discussion taking place on the mantis end.

For anyone who doesn't have a CDO account (or prefers the github interface), bug reports can also be made at the Crawl repo's github issues:
https://github.com/crawl/crawl/issues
Last edited by Implojin on Sunday, 25th October 2020, 05:23, edited 2 times in total.

For this message the author Implojin has received thanks:
andrew

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 25th October 2020, 04:40

Ok; I already reported on Mantis so I suppose I'll just have to obsessively check github to see if a fix has been pushed. ;)

Slime Squisher

Post Sunday, 25th October 2020, 05:35

If your save file is broken somehow, and you're sitting around wanting to play that game, another alternative would be for you to go ask in ##crawl-dev on freenode if anyone could take a look at fixing your save.

For this message the author Implojin has received thanks:
andrew

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 25th October 2020, 05:41

Well, it's in a state where taking the downstairs to Elf reliably crashed it. I'd guess it's a problem with dungeon generation, rather than with my savefile; but, not being a dev, I don't know.

Edit: Ok I went on crawl-dev and asked there. Was ignored, which is fair as that's not really what the channel is for. I assume the crash dump is still there someplace, though; so if I try to take the character someplace besides Elf it can still be debugged?

Return to Technical Support