Can't play any version after crash

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 15th July 2020, 23:32

Can't play any version after crash

I was playing a run (FeCj on version 0.23) on the Berotato server (my profile there is gorgondantess as well) today, and when going up an escape hatch my game crashed. I started the game again and my progress on the floor had been reset; annoying, but this has happened to me a few times over the years.

As I was clearing the floor, I ended up going up the same hatch, and the game crashed again. I didn't really think much of it until I tried starting the game again, and nothing happened. In fact, I couldn't access ANY version of the game, or even the sprint or tutorial modes. Any time I clicked on any of them the URL at the top of the screen would just flash e.g. "http://crawl.berotato.org:8080/#play-dcss-0.25" and then go back to the lobby. I've tried logging out and logging back in again, and that hasn't helped.

Can I get some help here?
DEFE, KoBe, SEEE, DEEE, DsWn (15), OpTm, MuWz, GrEE, DsFE, NaTm, VSTm, DrFE

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 16th July 2020, 06:04

Re: Can't play any version after crash

Maybe you could try a different verison of crawl (trunk or .24 or something) as a workaround.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 16th July 2020, 07:35

Siegurt wrote:Maybe you could try a different verison of crawl (trunk or .24 or something) as a workaround.

As per the OP, I did. I tried literally every version of crawl offered on Berotato and it gave me the same result.
DEFE, KoBe, SEEE, DEEE, DsWn (15), OpTm, MuWz, GrEE, DsFE, NaTm, VSTm, DrFE

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 16th July 2020, 16:04

Gorgondantess wrote:
Siegurt wrote:Maybe you could try a different verison of crawl (trunk or .24 or something) as a workaround.

As per the OP, I did. I tried literally every version of crawl offered on Berotato and it gave me the same result.

That sounds weird, the only thing specific to your account I can think of that persists across versions is your username and save folder, maybe your folder got corrupted somehow?

Try making another account and if that works then it's something in your account's folder (something broken on the server itself, outside of crawl) if it's *still* broken it's likely something in your browser (which seems like a strange thing for it to be given that it worked earlier, maybe some extension or add on is blocking you somehow)

You could also try using the instructions for logging in via console (I don't know if berotato has console access set up, I don't use that server) if you can log in via console but not browser, it's definitely a browser problem.

I know of someone who accidentally blocked crawl access by way of their adblocker by clicking on the wrong thing, so it's not totally impossible.
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Thursday, 16th July 2020, 18:57

Did you try running CCleaner?
I Feel the Need--the Need for Beer
3DSBeTr 15DSFiRu 3DSMoNe 3FoHuGo 3TrArOk 3HOFEVe 3MfGlOk 4GrEEVe 3BaIEChei 3HuMoOka 3MiWnQaz 3VSFiAsh 3DrTmMakh 3DSCKXom 3OgMoOka 3NaFiOka 3FoFiOka 3MuFEVeh 3CeHuOka 3TrMoTSO 3DEFESif 3DSMoOka 3DSFiOka

Return to Technical Support