remapping tab to another key

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 15th March 2020, 00:28

remapping tab to another key

hey all,

simple question, i hope, but please explain like i'm 5. i have read and apparently failed to understand the relevant documentation.

i have carpal tunnel and can no longer use the 'tab'/autofight function. playing a melee character, this is fine, i can use directional keys to 'bump into' monsters, but when playing a ranged character, i often want to use tab as opposed to 'f'.

i'd like to remap the 'tab'/ autofight function to a key on the right side of my keyboard. I decided to use the '+' key on my numpad as my new autofight key, so i read the manual about keymapping, hit '~' then '+'. game returns "okay then" but does nothing. hopefully someone can tell me what i'm doing wrong?

thanks!!

Snake Sneak

Post Sunday, 15th March 2020, 01:10

Re: remapping tab to another key

It's possible that it bound the command to your other "+" key (Shift+=), but also note that Crawl doesn't seem to like to always recognize keypad input as separate when numlock is on. For example, I've bound a few spellcasting commands to my number row (za., zb., etc) to 1, 2, 3, and 4 but I move around with my numpad. When numlock is off, I can walk around fine. When numlock is on, trying to walk in any of those four directions gives me a no enemies in sight prompt as if I had input the number on my number row.

In short, try toggling your numlock and see if that helps. Also check your other + key.

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 15th March 2020, 06:36

Re: remapping tab to another key

hey!

this was really useful and my problem is solved. i bound 'ff' to the + key and it works great for ranged tabbing :D

no more stress on that bad hand, ty

Return to Technical Support