How to install HellCrawl Fork for Dummies

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 24th June 2019, 23:43

How to install HellCrawl Fork for Dummies

Alright lovely people of the tavern, I'm intrigued. I'd love to try out this fancy new fork but I'm too IT challenge to even run the game. I followed the link to the lovely Github page. I downloaded what appears to be Hellcrawl 5.6 but I don't know how to run it. I've searched high and low for some executive file but I can't find one. Can you help? It appears I might need to compile it. This is beyond my skills for sure.

Sincerely,

Technologically Challenged 1158511

Update: So it appears that I would have to compile the Github Code and then... run it? I'll keep looking at the github website and see what I can find there. Is there no ready to play version that I can download?

Zot Zealot

Post Tuesday, 25th June 2019, 00:04

Re: How to install HellCrawl Fork for Dummies

You can download the 5.4 zip files from https://github.com/Hellmonk/hellcrawl/releases, and then un-zip them. (You've probably already got a default program on your computer to deal with zip files. If not, do a google search. Only works for Microsoft unfortunately, I think.)

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 25th June 2019, 00:07

Re: How to install HellCrawl Fork for Dummies

Thanks Petercordia. Looks like the 5.6 version was not what I wanted to download. Thanks a million.

Return to Technical Support