Online-esque auto travel not working

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 20th May 2019, 12:08

Online-esque auto travel not working

I really, really, want to emulate the instantaneous teleportation of auto explore on to my single player mode. I have read and fulfilled the instructions from previous post and instructions on the topic. None of these seem to be working for me. Perhaps I have misunderstood the online mode's auto explore. Does anyone have any idea on how I can fix this?

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 20th May 2019, 12:17

Re: Online-esque auto travel not working

I did all of these things, but, it was not instantaneous like online play.

Spoiler: show
travel_delay = 20 (defaults to -1 for online servers)
How long travel waits after each move (milliseconds), and also
how long auto-explore waits after each move unless explore_delay
is set. Depends on platform. Setting to -1 will jump to end of
travel - you will not see the individual moves.

explore_delay = -1
How long auto-explore waits after each move (milliseconds). Depends on
platform. In particular, setting travel_delay = -1 and
explore_delay = 20 means you will see the individual moves of
autoexplore, but not the individual moves of other forms of travel.
Setting to -1 means the auto-explore delay will be the same as
travel_delay.

rest_delay = 0 (defaults to -1 for online servers)
How long resting waits after each move (milliseconds). Depends on
platform. Setting rest_delay = -1 will prevent the display updating
during resting.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 20th May 2019, 20:03

If you set travel_delay to 20 as in your spoiler, it would not be instant, you need to set it to -1 like you did for the other options.
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 21st May 2019, 13:02

So what I've done is, I have downloaded and extracted the latest version of DCSS. I found the Crawl folder in the C drive, Programs 86, folder. I tried to change the options_guide note pad file found in the Crawl -> Docs folder. I could not change it, so I then brought the entire Crawl folder to the desktop. I was then aloud to make this change in options_guide (seen in spoiler). But it wasn't instantaneous movement.

3-f Travel and Exploration.
-------------------------------

travel_delay = -1 (defaults to -1 for online servers)
How long travel waits after each move (milliseconds), and also
how long auto-explore waits after each move unless explore_delay
is set. Depends on platform. Setting to -1 will jump to end of
travel - you will not see the individual moves.

explore_delay = -1
How long auto-explore waits after each move (milliseconds). Depends on
platform. In particular, setting travel_delay = -1 and
explore_delay = 20 means you will see the individual moves of
autoexplore, but not the individual moves of other forms of travel.
Setting to -1 means the auto-explore delay will be the same as
travel_delay.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 21st May 2019, 14:45

The "Options Guide" is the instructional file on how to change your settings, it's not the actual setting file itself.
The settings file is usually in a file named 'init.txt', either in the same folder as crawl.exe or in a folder named 'settings' inside the main crawl folder, it doesn't have any of the long-form paragraph text, just the options themselves, it may be blank (you'd have to copy/paste any options you wanted in there)
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks:
HawkI

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 21st May 2019, 14:53

I have literally lost my current run of DCSS just now. I was using Elyverine's Divine Protection, had an electric scimitar equipped, and then an invisible living opponent attacked me who I then killed by the game's built in automatic non turn off-able counter attack system. After this happened, I could no longer heal my self, and I couldn't find any multitude of opponents to fight to regain worship. I then lost.

Your post could not have come at a better time, thank you.

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 21st May 2019, 15:14

Inside Init I typed
travel_delay = -1
explore_delay = -1
rest_delay = 0

and it works! Woooooooooooooooooo! This little change will save soooooooo much time!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 21st May 2019, 15:28

HawkI wrote:I have literally lost my current run of DCSS just now. I was using Elyverine's Divine Protection, had an electric scimitar equipped, and then an invisible living opponent attacked me who I then killed by the game's built in automatic non turn off-able counter attack system. After this happened, I could no longer heal my self, and I couldn't find any multitude of opponents to fight to regain worship. I then lost.

Your post could not have come at a better time, thank you.

Note that response attacking (ripostes) are a feature of long blades, and you can unwield them to prevent that, although I would file this under the category of a bug, I don't think you should trigger ripostes while under divine protection. (If you want to file it as a bug go to https://crawl.develz.org/mantis/main_page.php and click on 'report issue' it should use the same login as the forums.)

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 21st May 2019, 16:14

Mmmmmmm, there again, the opponent being invisible an all, I may have accidentally ran into him. I'm playing now with these new options and it's awesome.

Return to Technical Support