Is CWZ down?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 18th February 2019, 06:25

Is CWZ down?

So I've been playing a few games on the Korean server, CWZ. I love the fanart screens but.... As it turns out, the connection on CWZ has been really horrible. It sometimes drops me in less than a minute over and over. It was not bad for a while but it has seemed to get worse the longer I played there. I have a game in Depths. I thought it might just be rain yesterday messing up the local network, but today I cannot connect at all. Is the server actually down? Any ETA on when it's coming back, if so?

This site can’t be reached webzook.net refused to connect.
Search Google for webzook net 8080
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

(In case there is any question, yes I can still load CAO, DDO and CPO. It looks like a site issue, not a Crawl-wide issue.)

I'm in Southeast Asia. DDO has worked pretty well for me, but I have a lucky pre-tournament game well in progress there and I didn't want to rush it. CPO used to be good, but a few months ago it started throttling me left and right. I feel like I'm running out of places to play. I used to use CAO, but it was just generally slower than the Asian servers.

(I really couldn't figure out whether it's best to post this here, but I didn't see a section in Mantis that refers to problems like "entire server is now unresponsive" or anything like that.)
Online game stats & morgues
More runes! GnWn (11, 0.21), GhMo^Makh (15, 0.17)
And a Yiuf: (1.4.6, 0.20): ImpGl^Oka (3)

Tomb Titivator

Post Monday, 18th February 2019, 14:01

Re: Is CWZ down?

It's finally back on now. That much is good!

It was inaccessible for at least a few hours earlier today, though.

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 22nd February 2019, 03:27

Re: Is CWZ down?

I went back to CPO. At least so far, it isn't dropping me too often.

It still freezes sometimes and often requires me to hit return with no notice to restart the game. But when that happens, CPO doesn't make me wait 10 seconds for stale scripts to go away -- which CWZ also always did. Too bad though: The fan artwork on CWZ is really cool.

Return to Technical Support