help with species

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 22nd January 2019, 14:18

help with species

Hi ! I found this game a few days ago, amazing game indeed, I'm have a lot of fun! Felids are awesome :lol: but being such a curious cat I decided to study it !But i don't know anything about C++ :/ I'm the classic Unity C# guy....Can you guys help me xD ?

How do I add a new species ?! I'm using Notepad++ to see the code, I've done everything as the docs told me, but I can't see to make a new species appear on the build !
I've made 3 different and species only one of them show up ! I've copy and paste the code from the human.yaml and changed only their enum name and their in-game name. I was getting a build error before so I removed the create_enum: false from the code , It builded just fine besides two of them not appearing at species selection! I keep the Notepad++ up while building I can see the specie-type.h being autogenerated with just one of the new species name's. Most grateful o/!!

Zot Zealot

Post Tuesday, 22nd January 2019, 20:53

Re: help with species

Can you share your new species files?

For this message the author chequers has received thanks:
yuugo

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 23rd January 2019, 08:11

Re: help with species

enum: SP_ELF
monster: MONS_ELF
name: Elf
difficulty: Intermediate
difficulty_priority: 100
aptitudes:
xp: 1
hp: 1
mp_mod: 2
mr: 3
stealth: 1
spellcasting: -1
invocations: 1
str: 5
int: 8
dex: 8
levelup_stat_frequency: 2
recommended_jobs:
- JOB_BERSERKER
- JOB_CONJURER
- JOB_NECROMANCER
- JOB_FIRE_ELEMENTALIST
- JOB_ICE_ELEMENTALIST

I've found a solution I guess: I have deleted the new species and made new fresh copies of human.yaml changed their enum and names and erased create_enum: false, it showed up in speceies selection screen !

For this message the author yuugo has received thanks: 2
chequers, Sorcerous

Return to Technical Support