making tiles bigger

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 8th December 2018, 11:00

making tiles bigger

Hello,
I have a 4K monitor and thus the beautiful tiles are too small on my monitor. I wanted to increase their size (just doubling width and height so that it is equal to a 1080p monitor) but I could not find any option to do that. Is there any option? And if so,where?
Thanks for answers,
Daniel

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 8th December 2018, 19:32

Re: making tiles bigger

See tile_cell_pixels in the options guide (online here: http://crawl.akrasiac.org/docs/options_guide.txt, or available in the in game help)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 9th December 2018, 12:57

Thanks for the answer. I have found it and changed the value from 32 to 64 in this file. Then I restarted DCSS but the size of the tiles is exactly the same as before. I have made the change directly in the options guide via Notepad. Did I do something wrong?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 9th December 2018, 15:34

Blazko wrote:Thanks for the answer. I have found it and changed the value from 32 to 64 in this file. Then I restarted DCSS but the size of the tiles is exactly the same as before. I have made the change directly in the options guide via Notepad. Did I do something wrong?

I would look for an error message on startup (crawl will ensure that enough tiles fit for a viable display), also make sure the file you changed is the one where the settings are being loaded from.

If you get really desperate you can start it fullscreened with a lower resolution as a fallback option
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 11th December 2018, 12:42

There is no error message on startup.
How can I know that the file which I changed is the one the settings are loaded from?
I can set the entire Win10 scaling to 200% and it works fine. But the drawback is that I have to change it everytime I play dcss and then change it back just to have my desctop items chaotically arranged. So thats not really a good solution. And changing the screenresolution would have the same problems.

Return to Technical Support