Viewing local old high scores

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 5th October 2018, 14:06

Viewing local old high scores

Hi

I'm a long time player of crawl, and I always play offline. Tiles, on a Mac.

I was looking at my morgue files recently via the 'High Scores' button in the Tiles app. I realised I was missing a bunch of wins from back in the day, so I dug out an old hard drive backup of my last laptop, located the morgue files, and copied them in to my morgue folder on my new Mac.

None of these morgue files show up in the UI, and I can't figure out why. They seem to have the same naming convention and same format (by eyeballing at least) as the newer morgues.

I'm running v0.21.1 and these files are all from older versions eg 0.8.0. I took a look at the code on git and it isn't obvious why these old files are being ignored - but I'm no c++ programmer.

Can anyone help? Obviously I can just look at the files in a text editor, but it's nice to see them ranked in order.

Cheers

Rob

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 5th October 2018, 14:28

Re: Viewing local old high scores

There's a scores file that actually contains the data used to display the list (And it only tracks the top 100) the game doesn't actually examine your morgue directory for all possible old games that might or might not be eligible.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 5th October 2018, 15:16

Ah ok, thank you. I see it.

For anyone else who has this problem in future, here's what I did to merge the two scores files.

Edit saves/scores and paste in the 100 lines from my old scores file.

This gives 200 lines but incorrectly sorted, and crawl will ignore the last 100.

So we need to sort based on the :sc=<score> string which is buried in the middle of each line. Can't use Excel as there are a variable number of columns in each line.

In vim, the following command will sort the lines properly:

:sort! n ':sc=\d*' r

Then you can delete the last 100 lines.

This taught me that in 8 years of playing crawl I have escaped with the orb eight times. Must try harder :)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 5th October 2018, 15:47

rabbashanks wrote:Ah ok, thank you. I see it.

For anyone else who has this problem in future, here's what I did to merge the two scores files.

Edit saves/scores and paste in the 100 lines from my old scores file.

This gives 200 lines but incorrectly sorted, and crawl will ignore the last 100.

So we need to sort based on the :sc=<score> string which is buried in the middle of each line. Can't use Excel as there are a variable number of columns in each line.

In vim, the following command will sort the lines properly:

:sort! n ':sc=\d*' r

Then you can delete the last 100 lines.

This taught me that in 8 years of playing crawl I have escaped with the orb eight times. Must try harder :)

Note that the next time you get a high score, crawl will delete all but the first 100 lines itself, JFYI.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Technical Support