inventory scrolling

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 12th August 2018, 18:50

inventory scrolling

Inventory scrolling does not work on webtiles for me, the list goes offscreen and there's no way to get it to scroll; I've tried mousewheel, arrows, pgdn/pgup, numpad, none of it works. I assume there is some webtiles-specific config that is doing this, and I'd like to actually be able to see what's in my inventory, so what would I have to change to fix this? I would think a setting that only displays 10 items at a time or something could work, but I wouldn't know how to change it, or if something like that even exists.

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 13th August 2018, 15:46

Re: inventory scrolling

Tried spacebar ?
3 runes : MiMo^Ru, HOFi^Beogh, TrMo^Yredelemnul, GrFi^Ru, FoFi^Gozag, MiGl^Okawaru
4 runes : DDFi^Makhleb
5 runes : GrEE^Vehumet
15 runes : MiFi^Ru, NaWz^Sif Muna, GrWz^Sif Muna
I mostly play offline or online on CXC

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 13th August 2018, 16:37

Spacebar doesn't work either, nor did hitting my head on the keyboard. "tile_single_column_menus = true" seems to be impossible to change on webtiles, too, so I can't even adjust that.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 13th August 2018, 17:26

Is it possible that your browser's zoom is set above 100%? Without a screenshot I can't tell, but if the inventory menu is sticking off the bottom of the screen, then something's going wonky.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 13th August 2018, 19:00

If it doesn't work, you need to hit the keyboard with your head *harder*.

For this message the author Airwolf has received thanks:
Namenom

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 13th August 2018, 23:42

Siegurt wrote:Is it possible that your browser's zoom is set above 100%? Without a screenshot I can't tell, but if the inventory menu is sticking off the bottom of the screen, then something's going wonky.

I mean, maybe? But I don't think so, if I want to fit the inventory/whatever onscreen, I have to zoom out to like 30% or something, here's a link to a few screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/bhS9aGv

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 14th August 2018, 14:39

Namenom wrote:
Siegurt wrote:Is it possible that your browser's zoom is set above 100%? Without a screenshot I can't tell, but if the inventory menu is sticking off the bottom of the screen, then something's going wonky.

I mean, maybe? But I don't think so, if I want to fit the inventory/whatever onscreen, I have to zoom out to like 30% or something, here's a link to a few screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/bhS9aGv

Siegurt is right that menus just shouldn't extend off the bottom of the screen like that, with any settings. Can you provide more information about your browser setup? (browser / version / os, zoom levels, anything else that might be relevant.) Have you tried other browsers?

Edit: I notice in the second screenshot, there is a browser scrollbar showing, which suggests that the javascript scrollbar library the new version is using isn't working in your browser. Do you have any javascript disabled/limited? Are you by any chance using IE11?

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 14th August 2018, 21:41

advil wrote:Siegurt is right that menus just shouldn't extend off the bottom of the screen like that, with any settings. Can you provide more information about your browser setup? (browser / version / os, zoom levels, anything else that might be relevant.) Have you tried other browsers?

Edit: I notice in the second screenshot, there is a browser scrollbar showing, which suggests that the javascript scrollbar library the new version is using isn't working in your browser. Do you have any javascript disabled/limited? Are you by any chance using IE11?

I'm using an older version of firefox because muh add-ons don't work in the quantum version. However, it's not my addons, I tried with add-ons disabled and that changed nothing, so they're not causing any issue.

I just tried playing an older version of the game, 0.13, and I don't have an issue at all, scolling works just fine. It seems like the game just stops working properly if I don't/can't have the latest javascript scrollbar library in the new versions, but I'm pretty sure the game shouldn't do that; there's gotta be some failsafe where it just uses older scrollbars if the new ones don't work... right?

Would there be an option to completely revert to an older version of the menus/whatever? I don't care if it looks 5 years old as long as it works.

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 14th August 2018, 22:29

Which version? What OS? More information is better. It might be that someone can fix it, but if they can't reproduce the issue, then it's really hard to fix.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 15th August 2018, 00:26

Namenom wrote:
advil wrote:Siegurt is right that menus just shouldn't extend off the bottom of the screen like that, with any settings. Can you provide more information about your browser setup? (browser / version / os, zoom levels, anything else that might be relevant.) Have you tried other browsers?

I'm using an older version of firefox because muh add-ons don't work in the quantum version. However, it's not my addons, I tried with add-ons disabled and that changed nothing, so they're not causing any issue.

I just tried playing an older version of the game, 0.13, and I don't have an issue at all, scolling works just fine. It seems like the game just stops working properly if I don't/can't have the latest javascript scrollbar library in the new versions, but I'm pretty sure the game shouldn't do that; there's gotta be some failsafe where it just uses older scrollbars if the new ones don't work... right?

Would there be an option to completely revert to an older version of the menus/whatever? I don't care if it looks 5 years old as long as it works.

Maybe you could try using a current browser just for DCSS?
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 15th August 2018, 01:43

Stonar wrote:Which version? ...

Firefox 49.0.2, Win7, I'm pretty sure it's just an issue with the browser version since 0.13 works perfectly fine, it's just this newfangled javascript scrollbar that's messing up apparently.
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/49.0.2/

Siegurt wrote:Maybe you could try using a current browser just for DCSS?

I mean I guess, but I was hoping I could just change a single line in the rc and not have to bother. What do you recommend?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 15th August 2018, 03:29

Namenom wrote:
Stonar wrote:Which version? ...

Firefox 49.0.2, Win7, I'm pretty sure it's just an issue with the browser version since 0.13 works perfectly fine, it's just this newfangled javascript scrollbar that's messing up apparently.
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/49.0.2/

Siegurt wrote:Maybe you could try using a current browser just for DCSS?

I mean I guess, but I was hoping I could just change a single line in the rc and not have to bother. What do you recommend?

I don't think there's such an option.

Since it's just for this one purpose, it probably doesn't matter which browser as long as it's an up to date version. Probably something chromium derived (depending on your OS) would work and be easily available.

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 15th August 2018, 15:54

I did a little bit of digging, and this problem is caused by a css rendering bug in firefox (this one) that is fixed in firefox 52, which leads to max-heights not necessarily being inherited right from containing divs under some circumstances. This is a circumstance that the new ui layouts happen to trigger (it's actually not the scrollbar library per se, that was a false alarm, though it may not be working perfectly either in 49.0.2).

I may be able to fix this specific issue, not sure yet, but in the future it's very unlikely we're going to generally support arbitrary older browser versions like this, so I'd suggest finding an alternative in case things break in other ways (when testing 49.0.2 I did spot a few other rendering issues). Is it really the case that you can't at least update to the last pre-quantum version of firefox (56.0.2)? This version does not contain this css bug, and is a much less arbitrary target for support.

since 0.13 works perfectly fine

For future reference, 0.13 is 5 years old at this point, so isn't very relevant :) However, 0.21 doesn't run into this problem either, so would probably be a better point of comparison.

For this message the author advil has received thanks:
Namenom

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 15th August 2018, 22:32

advil wrote:I did a little bit of digging, and this problem is caused by a css rendering bug in firefox (this one) that is fixed in firefox 52, which leads to max-heights not necessarily being inherited right from containing divs under some circumstances. This is a circumstance that the new ui layouts happen to trigger (it's actually not the scrollbar library per se, that was a false alarm, though it may not be working perfectly either in 49.0.2).

I may be able to fix this specific issue, not sure yet, but in the future it's very unlikely we're going to generally support arbitrary older browser versions like this, so I'd suggest finding an alternative in case things break in other ways (when testing 49.0.2 I did spot a few other rendering issues). Is it really the case that you can't at least update to the last pre-quantum version of firefox (56.0.2)? This version does not contain this css bug, and is a much less arbitrary target for support.

I can probably update, I just have to make sure I don't lose my add-ons, some of which have been removed from the addons 'store' or whatever. I've grown too accustomed to them to not use them, which is why I'm still on v49 to begin with. Thanks for looking into it.

advil wrote:For future reference, 0.13 is 5 years old at this point, so isn't very relevant :) However, 0.21 doesn't run into this problem either, so would probably be a better point of comparison.

On the contrary, it's incredibly relevant for me, since I play a ton of 0.13 offline trunk. Let me know when Lava Orcs get put back in and I'll consider moving on from 5 years ago :P

Return to Technical Support