Banning/Kicking from chat

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 5th February 2018, 21:10

Banning/Kicking from chat

I've had a random spammer/bot jumping into my chat and posting multiple links per second while I'm running, which is easy enough to ignore if I'm running on my own but when I'm trying to chat with friends it's a serious issue.

Is there anyway to stop people from joining the chat, or banning/kicking them from it? If not, we might want to consider that.

As a side note, if it helps any, the person is HeyVsauce on the berotato server. I think it's a person because I clicked on them and they've done two very short runs (still might be a bot/infected account, idk).

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 5th February 2018, 22:12

Re: Banning/Kicking from chat

This is very much on the wishlist, but no way to do it right now. If it's the same person being persistent the server operator can ban them (I've let johnstein know about this username). Was it just straight random spamming, or some kind of targeted thing at you? Edit: if you have logs or screenshots feel free to PM them to me.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 5th February 2018, 22:59

If it happens again, I'll keep track. In this case it wasn't random -- it was the same link, I believe to imgur, ostensibly (didn't follow, ofc). I don't know if it was targeted, but I tried logging out then back in, and they still came back several times. If I remained off for a long time, they didn't come back for awhile...but still came back once.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 6th February 2018, 22:20

I'm not sure if I caught a ban by accident, or if my IRC client is compromised.

My name was probably right next to HeyVsauce (heteroy is right there alphabetically), if that was who an admin was trying to ban.

Return to Technical Support