Some crawl rc settings broken in 0.20

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 25th May 2017, 17:02

Some crawl rc settings broken in 0.20

bug.png
bug.png (22.06 KiB) Viewed 1629 times

It works fine in trunk, but any 0.20 game doesn't have the monster damage displayed and constantly displays 'LUA error' anytime I take a turn a turn.
I play on the xtahua web server, if that's any help.
16/26 on the way to GreaterOctopode (Win all backgrounds as an Octopode)

Progress so far : OpFi, OpGl, OpWn, OpAr, OpCK, OpMo, OpBe, OpHu, OpVM, OpAM, OpWr, OpFE, OpEE, OpNe, OpTm, OpSk

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 25th May 2017, 18:04

Re: Some crawl rc settings broken in 0.20

Vajrapani wrote:It works fine in trunk, but any 0.20 game doesn't have the monster damage displayed and constantly displays 'LUA error' anytime I take a turn a turn.
I play on the xtahua web server, if that's any help.

This problem is caused by the files indicated by the include += lines in your rcfile not (yet) existing within the /rcfiles/crawl-0.20/ folder on Xtahua. To fix this, you'd want to contact HilariousDeathArtist to update his/her rcfiles on that server.

(To be clear, those HDA files being missing does not mean that there's something broken with the game -- They are provided by a user for others to use.)

If you want to fix it yourself, without waiting for HilariousDeathArtist to to so, you can either:
A) Update your rcfile to be standalone by replacing any of HDA's include += lines with the full text of those files. You'll want to do this recursively, because some of HDA's includes use includes of their own. (You could fetch them from Xtahua's trunk rcfiles folder, or you could fetch the most recent versions of them from HDA's github.)

or,
B) Save the relevant HDA rcfiles and create a set of accounts on Xtahua to upload them yourself, then replace the include += lines in every file with the relevant names of the accounts you've created.

Here's a (standalone) edited version of your trunk rcfile I've created that you should be able to use:
Vajrapani.rc
(178.56 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

(I haven't included the text of HDAForceMore.rc in the file above, since you had it commented out. If you want to use that, it will need to be added.)

For this message the author Implojin has received thanks:
Vajrapani

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 25th May 2017, 18:32

Re: Some crawl rc settings broken in 0.20

Oh, I see. Thanks for the help man, now I should be able to play games in the upcoming tournament with monster damage prompts:
16/26 on the way to GreaterOctopode (Win all backgrounds as an Octopode)

Progress so far : OpFi, OpGl, OpWn, OpAr, OpCK, OpMo, OpBe, OpHu, OpVM, OpAM, OpWr, OpFE, OpEE, OpNe, OpTm, OpSk

Return to Technical Support