Post Friday, 24th February 2017, 21:08

Monster player tiles for Draconian/Demonspawn subclasses

I know that a player can use monster tiles via tile_player_tile = mons: or tile: and then inputting the correct name for what you want (for mons:, putting the basic name of the monster, and for tile:, putting name of the monster seen in the dc-mon.txt file and other similar files).

But for Draconian/Demonspawn subclasses, that doesn't work. For instance, I want to look like a black draconian scorcher. Putting "mons:draconian scorcher" just gives the sprite that would be pasted over the regular Draconian -- specifically rltiles/mon/draco/draco-job-scorcher.png. Neither "mons:black draconian scorcher" nor "mons: draconian scorcher black" work; "tile:draco_scorcher" or "tile:draco_scorcher_N" (where N is an integer) give the same thing as "mons:draconian scorcher". Additions via && (e.g. "mons:black draconian && mons:draconian scorcher" and other variants of this) don't seem to work, and "+=" also just goes to whatever the second one is
(i.e.
tile_player_tile = mons:black draconian
tile_player_tile += mons:draconian scorcher
just does the scorcher sprite).

I haven't actually tried it with the Demonspawn monster subclasses, but I assume they'd be the same.

Is this fixable? Am I doing something wrong?