Mac Os X 0.19.3 mouse delays

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 29th January 2017, 01:09

Mac Os X 0.19.3 mouse delays

Hello, im new here (in this forum, so i hope im posting in correct forum and place about this issue)

im using mac and i just upgraded from DCSS 0.19.1 to 0.19.3 (Graphical Tiles)
and theres a HUGE amount of lag.. well, i shouldnt say lag

the game runs just as quick as all previous versions, hotkeys are just as fast as previous versions
but the mouse movements, even in the main menu, the mouse movement detection in the game is FAR behind reality

again, only the mouse is behind, everything else runs just as all previous versions

edit: i just realised maybe i should posted in the bug 'mantis' thing? if so, im terribly sorry for posting here

Dungeon Master

Post Sunday, 29th January 2017, 03:11

Re: Mac Os X 0.19.3 mouse delays

This has hopefully been fixed in trunk (I helped a tiny bit with the testing and the fix worked for me) and I think there is going to be a bugfix release soon. In the meantime, if you are using a trackpad, try using a usb mouse -- in our testing it seemed to be specifically a mac trackpad issue. If it is actually a literal mouse that you're having problems with, well, that's interesting and probably gammafunk would want to know. But hopefully the fix would still work.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 29th January 2017, 03:24

advil wrote:In the meantime, if you are using a trackpad, try using a usb mouse

wow, your correct.. with usb-mouse it ACTUALLY works
thank you so much for your response advil, i was worried that i wouldnt be able to play DCSS with mouse as im used to :D

you know, this is kinda off-topic, but i'll mention it for fun:
Spoiler: show
theres a game called 'robocraft' where sometimes in-game the usb mouse just stops (especially when tabbing out) but still works in esc menu, and touchpad always work, reminds me alot of this situation

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 31st January 2017, 00:32

Try out the brand-new 0.19.4, which should fix the problem:
http://crawl.develz.org/release/stone_soup-0.19.4-console-macosx.zip
http://crawl.develz.org/release/stone_soup-0.19.4-tiles-macosx.zip

Thanks to gammafunk for the fix and the release, and advil for building the OS X binaries.

For this message the author neil has received thanks:
EnderCrypt

Return to Technical Support