Loading DCSS changes my system time?? [Linux]

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 10th January 2017, 18:00

Loading DCSS changes my system time?? [Linux]

I have never seen a problem like this before, but when I load up Dungeon Crawl, it changes the time on my system -- for example, it's 9:55 am (PST) here, and when I loaded it, it changed my time to 9:50 am... it's random, and sometimes will change it to several hours off. I'm using on Kubuntu 16.10 with KDE Plasma 5.7.5. I can fix the problem by going into my settings and changing any setting in my Compositor settings, then back, then applying it. This is strange, though, and I'm not sure why it would do this...

Has anyone else had this problem? Also, when I 'fixed' the problem in my compositor, about 5 minutes later, my clock was still stuck at 9:50 am.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 16th January 2017, 21:57

Re: Loading DCSS changes my system time?? [Linux]

Crotalidae75 wrote:I have never seen a problem like this before, but when I load up Dungeon Crawl, it changes the time on my system -- for example, it's 9:55 am (PST) here, and when I loaded it, it changed my time to 9:50 am... it's random, and sometimes will change it to several hours off. I'm using on Kubuntu 16.10 with KDE Plasma 5.7.5. I can fix the problem by going into my settings and changing any setting in my Compositor settings, then back, then applying it. This is strange, though, and I'm not sure why it would do this...

Has anyone else had this problem? Also, when I 'fixed' the problem in my compositor, about 5 minutes later, my clock was still stuck at 9:50 am.

On a brief check of the code, Crawl contains no functions that can or will do this. Is there something else you're running that could be causing this?

Return to Technical Support