Help with IRC channel

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 26th December 2016, 05:23

Help with IRC channel

So, sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

I've been playing crawl for a few years now, but always just on local. I decided i wanted to try and get more connected with the community, but I frankly have no idea how. I've never used IRC before, so I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going on. Could anyone help me out or point me to a good guide on WTF to do?

Thanks!
Quatz

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 26th December 2016, 15:52

Re: Help with IRC channel

You can use the Freenode web client to connect to ##crawl from your browser, or use one of the many IRC clients out there for your OS (mIRC and HexChat are popular for Windows OSes). For live chat there's also the DCSS channel on the roguelikes discord server and WebTiles chat. If you check out the CBRO server lobby for games with many spectators, you'll often find people chatting, including myself. Other busy servers like CAO or CXC also have games where spectators congregate.

For posting and responding to posts from the community in general, you can also use this forum, which has the Crazy Yuif's Corner forum for random (and weird) discussion, the Dungeon Crawling Advice and Yet Another Silly Death / Character In Progress forums for game advice, and Game Design Discussion for proposing changes to the game. Check out each forum's rules before posting. Other website where you can discuss DCSS are the /r/dcss subreddit and the SomethingAwful dcss thread.

Return to Technical Support