Fonts: Webtiles and Console

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 30th July 2011, 16:25

Fonts: Webtiles and Console

1. When playing Webtiles, all messages are shown in Courier New (or similar) font. My browser (Opera, if that matters) is configured to use Consolas as fixed-width font, but everything still shows as Courier New. Is the font hard-coded on server side? Can I change font to Consolas 18 somehow, by some css override on client side or something like that?
Adding tile_font_crt_file to rc config doesn't work, but if I understand correctly, it shoudn't work.

2. Not really Crawl-related, but still. I always played ASCII roguelikes in fullscreen 80x50, because letters are almost square on 4x3 monitor, and perfectly square on 16x10 monitor that way. Playing in 80x25 or windowed with "normal" fonts with height double the width is too disorienting and it screws my perception of level map and distances. Could someone recommend a good square font in a range of 16x16 - 20x20 for use in putty? (16x18, 18x20 etc. is fine too) Already googled, didn't find anything usable.

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 30th July 2011, 16:45

Re: Fonts: Webtiles and Console

Webtiles should use the configured monospace font (the font is set to "monospace" in the stylesheet). It seems that the monospace font configured in the Opera settings doesn't change that, though (I think it's only used for completely unformatted pages?); Opera probably uses what is configured system-wide as "monospace". I don't know if it is possible to change the system-wide monospace font on windows.
You could use page-specific CSS, though; create a file with something like
  Code:
body {
   font: 18px Consolas !important;
}
, save it somewhere, and set it as site-specific stylesheet using right click > Edit Site Preferences > Display on the Webtiles page.

For this message the author edlothiol has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 30th July 2011, 16:55

Re: Fonts: Webtiles and Console

Thanks! It worked!

Return to Technical Support