Magic and spellcasting tutorial is broken in 0.9?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 30th July 2011, 04:08

Magic and spellcasting tutorial is broken in 0.9?

Hello,

it seems that in 0.9 while the skill system changes are in place already, the tutorial, in particular magic and spell casting tutorial was not updated.

Currently it's not possible to finish the tutorial because the scrolls that are given are not enough to get 1 in spellcasting by a very big margin. The game reports that only 26% of training is done towards level 1 when you use your last scroll.

I'm not sure, given that the version is "unstable" is there a point in reporting this kind of stuff or will it be just naturally taken care of when it goes from unstable to stable?

Unrelated question: I don't seem to be able to switch between automatic and manual training mode. In-game help says '/' but when I press '/' the game just displays the main screen.

For this message the author zespri has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 30th July 2011, 11:46

Re: Magic and spellcasting tutorial is broken in 0.9?

There's always a point reporting stuff like this! Updating the tutorial is on the list of things that need to be done before 0.9 release, I don't think this particular issue had been spotted yet though, so thanks. :)

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 30th July 2011, 22:26

Should I open a mantis issue?

Further questions about 0.9:
- I don't seem to be able to switch between automatic and manual training mode. In-game help says '/' but when I press '/' the game just displays the main screen. How does this work?
- It is not clear at all how percent are allocated towards different skills when a skill is switched on. For example I can see Fighting (40%) Unarmed Combat(21%) Dodging(39%). How this numbers are arrived at and what affects them?
- When spellcasting 0 is being trained the percentage shows up as 1% is this intended?
- The help screen also mentions '_' key which does not seem to work, same as '/' key. Am I doing this wrong?

Dungeon Master

Post Saturday, 30th July 2011, 22:35

All those keys are disabled in tutorial and hints mode. Sorry, can't explain more now.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to Technical Support