Cannot join game on CAO

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 10th October 2016, 06:15

Cannot join game on CAO

Hello.

So I am experiencing a strange behavior on CAO, and was advised (by gammafunk on ##crawl-dev) to post here to record the problem.
My account name is "mti" and I only play the console version via ssh.

The current situation is that if I try to join my 0.18 game in progress right now, I get the message "Another game is already in progress using this save!", and it has been so for several hours.
Apparently, the backed up save file seems to load up correctly if you have access to it: http://crawl.akrasiac.org/saves/mti-crawl-0.18-161010-0142.tar.bz2

How that came about seems related to a bug in 0.18, but I'm not sure I have sufficient info about it for a usable bug report. What happened was something like this. I was playing that
game yesterday, and at some point I brought up the ^O panel and noticed a shop in there I hadn't seen before (type was "*" if I remember correctly). When trying to go there, the game
blew up on me (saying something like "failed to save"). After that, when I tried to resume the game, my ssh connection would simply die right away (it did so multiple time). This stopped
after a while and I am now getting the "other game in progress" message instead.

--
mt-i.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Monday, 10th October 2016, 07:43

Re: Cannot join game on CAO

The problem has been solved, apparently. Thanks to whoever did something about it!

Spider Stomper

Post Friday, 14th October 2016, 15:09

Having the same issue today - character's name is Osk, playing normal game under Trunk. Thanks!

Lair Larrikin

Post Friday, 14th October 2016, 17:05

Yeah our account awbwrurobin seems to have the same problem on .18

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 15th October 2016, 23:43

Hi. I'm having the same problem. "Another game is already in progress using this save!" My username is turnerjer. I really hope I don't lose my save. This is my best Vine Stalker ever!

Return to Technical Support