Online Crawl Newbie

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 25th September 2016, 05:27

Online Crawl Newbie

So I've been fooling about in Crawl offline as a new player and getting decent. Trying out online just to see if there can be people to help or whatnot (or watch me crash and burn in the best/worst ways), but I notice somehow it doesn't show a lot of the stuff I see offline. I don't see any of the sidebar icons for showing if there's a monster (the angry face, monsters themselves will show up fine), and I can't see the inventory or spell list if applicable or anything like that unless I hit the key for it and it just gives a popup. Is there a way to get that permanently showing?

Or is my internet connection making it derp out and mess up showing everything?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 25th September 2016, 07:54

Re: Online Crawl Newbie

Berylcross wrote:So I've been fooling about in Crawl offline as a new player and getting decent. Trying out online just to see if there can be people to help or whatnot (or watch me crash and burn in the best/worst ways), but I notice somehow it doesn't show a lot of the stuff I see offline. I don't see any of the sidebar icons for showing if there's a monster (the angry face, monsters themselves will show up fine), and I can't see the inventory or spell list if applicable or anything like that unless I hit the key for it and it just gives a popup. Is there a way to get that permanently showing?

Or is my internet connection making it derp out and mess up showing everything?

There's a set of layout priority and display size options that effect what does and does not show up, It's possible to get all the interface stuff to show up in the same places, but the defaults might not be the same, also your window size might not be the same (If there's not enough space, crawl won't display some stuff.)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 25th September 2016, 16:13

Re: Online Crawl Newbie

So then how do I change the layout priority and size display?

Return to Technical Support