Strange problem with item selection

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 8th June 2016, 06:30

Strange problem with item selection

Hello,

I have a strange problem with the 'm' key when selecting items, I try to describe it here.

I play on CDO console, trunk, as 'sanka'.

Whenever the game display a list of items,and an item happens to be on the letter 'm', then pressing 'm' does *not* select that item, instead it selects the item displayed with letter 'o'.

Pressing 'o' in the list also selects the item with letter 'o', and all other keys seems to work fine - the item with the letter 'm' cannot be selected! For example its not possible to examine that item in the inventory, or drop it, or reading it if it is a scrolll, or enchanting it if it is an armour, or putti9ng it on if it is a ring etc. The same happens in the autopickup list - I cannot swithc off 'unknown wands' (happens to be at 'm' currently), because it selects 'wand of confusion' (happens to be at 'o').

The keys seems to work well outside of these item lists - 'm' opens up the skill menu, and 'o' autexplores.

My other accounts (not 'sanka') does not have this problem, so I figured it is not some bug. I have cleared my macros, but it does not seem to be a macro anyway, as they should not be active on these lists and should be active outside.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 8th June 2016, 06:59

Re: Strange problem with item selection

sanka wrote:Whenever the game display a list of items,and an item happens to be on the letter 'm', then pressing 'm' does *not* select that item, instead it selects the item displayed with letter 'o'.

It looks like somehow you set a menu-mode keymap: your macro file has this:
  Code:
K4:m
A:o

You should be able to fix it with ~emc (~ for macros, m(e)nu keymap, key m, (c)lear).

For this message the author neil has received thanks:
sanka

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 8th June 2016, 08:53

Re: Strange problem with item selection

Thanks, I didn't know about the menu-mode keymap.

Return to Technical Support