How can I change the size of glyphs in webtiles glyphs mode?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 26th May 2016, 12:54

How can I change the size of glyphs in webtiles glyphs mode?

Hi, I'm a console player who wants to play from a location which does not let through telnet/SSH. So I try webtiles. Nice stuff. Can't stand playing with the actual graphical tiles though.

Code:
tile_display_mode = glyphs

Lovely!

Monospace font is fine but the glyph tiles are much too huge, I want them perhaps half the size.

Changing font size in the browser/CSS or with tile_font_*_size options can change everything else in the UI except the actual tiles.

Changing the tile_cell_pixels value seems to have no effect in glyphs mode, though it works fine in standard tile_display_mode = tiles. Weird?!

Looking for other options but can't find anything that seems to help. Probably missing something obvious.

Can you help me out?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 27th May 2016, 16:28

Re: How can I change the size of glyphs in webtiles glyphs m

TAS2012 wrote:Hi, I'm a console player who wants to play from a location which does not let through telnet/SSH. So I try webtiles. Nice stuff. Can't stand playing with the actual graphical tiles though.

Code:
tile_display_mode = glyphs

Lovely!

Monospace font is fine but the glyph tiles are much too huge, I want them perhaps half the size.

Changing font size in the browser/CSS or with tile_font_*_size options can change everything else in the UI except the actual tiles.

Changing the tile_cell_pixels value seems to have no effect in glyphs mode, though it works fine in standard tile_display_mode = tiles. Weird?!

Looking for other options but can't find anything that seems to help. Probably missing something obvious.

Can you help me out?

Try:
tile_display_mode=hybrid
i thought there was a font size option for the ui, but it had been a while.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 27th May 2016, 18:19

Re: How can I change the size of glyphs in webtiles glyphs m

Siegurt wrote:Try:
tile_display_mode=hybrid

Yes, with tile_display_mode = hybrid it is possible, like with standard tiles mode, to use tile_cell_pixels to resize the "hybridglyphtiles". However, hybrid mode has other effects (bugs / areas to be improved?) that I think look horrible, foremost that the characters/tiles are placed (using default tile_cell_pixels) with huge gaps inbetween. Using smaller tile_cell_pixels values gradually removes the gaps (vertical first, and then also the horizontal) but leads to other graphical glitches with glyphs being cropped beyond recognition. So still not a good solution, sorry.

Siegurt wrote:i thought there was a font size option for the ui, but it had been a while.

Well, there are (the tile_font_*_size options), but it seems they can adjust all parts of the UI except the actual map display?

Return to Technical Support