Migrating ghosts and hiscores to new version?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Shoals Surfer

Post Sunday, 22nd May 2016, 09:11

Migrating ghosts and hiscores to new version?

Okay, so I generally play offline, and I've been playing on version 0.18-a0-1788 for a while. Now, after my current character dies or wish, I wish to upgrade to the latest version in the development branch, but I'd like to retain my hiscores and bones files, if possible. My question is: is this possible to do without compatibility issues breaking something, and if so, what do I need to copy over to the new directory? (My guess is: the saves/bones directory for the ghosts and the saves/scores(-*) files for the hiscores. Anything else needed? And once again, can this potentially cause any kind of issues?)
If I play online, I do so under the screenname Marenglen.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 23rd May 2016, 00:30

Re: Migrating ghosts and hiscores to new version?

I have done this for years with no issues, and yes save/morgue scores and possibly settings are what you want to preserve
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Technical Support