Init.txt help

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 14th April 2016, 02:15

Init.txt help

Okay so I was looking to er...well. save scum and more specifically clear my bones file. I have like 20 ghosts running around at the moment in my game and it's getting annoying to try and progress to far. So I went off in search for my Morgue/Saves files for Crawl. I know this is located in the appdata folder so I went to hunting for it. I turned on show hidden folders....and still no Crawl save folder in appdata. Apparently my crawl game like makes my save folder impossible to find.

So due to this I was wanting to mess with my init.txt to get crawl to put it's save game information directly in the crawl folder (I mostly use the .zip version of crawl). I am not exactly super computer literate (I know enough to get by) but I'm a bit confused on just how to tell crawl to change where it saves information or what text I would put into my init.txt to get this to happen.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me figure this out.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Thursday, 14th April 2016, 03:36

Re: Init.txt help

Okay figured out how to change the morgue and save directory but I still have an odd thing happening.

I still do not have a visible folder for the morgue and saves. The game sees these folders but even using cmd prompt and physically typing in the folder to 'start' I don't get it. I get an error "windows cannot find 'morgue directory'..." I have typed in everything correct and windows still can't find it. So I don't know what's going on.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 14th April 2016, 05:34

Re: Init.txt help

Try hitting # it should tell you the full windows path name to the dump file it just created, helping you locate the morgue if nothing else.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Return to Technical Support