Weird Error Messages - "Unlinked temporary item"

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 3rd March 2016, 22:38

Weird Error Messages - "Unlinked temporary item"

Looks something like this.

I've been noticing some other oddities too, such as arrows dropping at my feet while I'm tabbing and randomly reading scrolls of fog while I'm tabbing. Hitting r l while tapping tab isn't very likely, so I'm honestly stumped. I'm guessing the error messages happen because of some bug causing the temporary arrows fired by my shadow to not disappear?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 4th March 2016, 00:19

Re: Weird Error Messages - "Unlinked temporary item"

Tab is broken with ranged combat, I think if you disable animations it will help.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 4th March 2016, 11:47

duvessa wrote:Tab is broken with ranged combat, I think if you disable animations it will help.

How do I do that? I haven't managed to figure out the rc – it just looks like it's entirely made of comments to me. Am I missing something?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 4th March 2016, 20:47

It is entirely made of comments. The idea is to uncomment the lines for the options you want to change, and change them.
This is so that the default rc is guaranteed to provide the same results as an empty rc. Which is nice for things like round robin accounts where people tend to erase the entire rc often.

Return to Technical Support