Newbie Help - Widescreen/Bigger Tiles?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 22nd June 2011, 08:48

Newbie Help - Widescreen/Bigger Tiles?

Greetings all. I'm trying out the game and just getting started. I love the friendliness of the interface, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make the tiles appear bigger on my 1920x1200 widescreen.

I've tried changing the screen resolution (even down to 0) in tile_options.txt. I've tried changing the font size. I've tried turning off fullscreen. Nothing has had any effect on tilesize at all.

I'd think I'd like things to be about 2 to 4 times the current size on my screen. Can anyone direct me to the correct place to make these changes? Any other widescreen tips would also be very appreciated. It just feels too much like I'm squinting right now. :geek:

Dungeon Master

Post Wednesday, 22nd June 2011, 08:56

Re: Newbie Help - Widescreen/Bigger Tiles?

It's not supported. You can try playing in fullscreen at a lower resolution.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Snake Sneak

Post Wednesday, 22nd June 2011, 11:11

If you play webtiles then you can use the zoom feature of your browser to increase the size of the tiles. This might push the infobars on the right off to the side of the screen though..

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 22nd June 2011, 15:47

Heh! Wow! It seems like there's a bajillion things you can configure (quite impressive actually) but you can't change the size of the tiles? Ahh, well. Many thanks. =)

Return to Technical Support