Hello. Android version not running. Help!

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 29th September 2015, 14:39

Hello. Android version not running. Help!

I can go no further from the Weapon Selection screen at the beginning of the game. Then the game quits to phone app table in an infinite loop.

Game version: 0.16.1 and 0.17 Android version: 4.4.4

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 29th September 2015, 16:19

Re: Hello. Android version not running. Help!

Trollnow001 wrote:I can go no further from the Weapon Selection screen at the beginning of the game. Then the game quits to phone app table in an infinite loop.

Try starting a character that doesn't select a starting weapon (Say wizard or monk or something), then quit out and select the one you actually wanted to use.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 29th September 2015, 16:56

Siegurt wrote:
Trollnow001 wrote:I can go no further from the Weapon Selection screen at the beginning of the game. Then the game quits to phone app table in an infinite loop.

Try starting a character that doesn't select a starting weapon (Say wizard or monk or something), then quit out and select the one you actually wanted to use.

Right away.

Edit: umm... Tried Human Monk. Then game quit itself at this class selection screen after I clicked to select Monk...

Another thing though, is the 70 some MB of ram the game used even before showing a map, I've been thinking if I'm out of ram now I have around 300MB free the phones shows. And the phone has 1GB in total.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 29th September 2015, 18:56

Well, that at least lets us know it isn't the weapon selection screen itself.

Which package did you download? I have tried several working ones...
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 29th September 2015, 19:35

Siegurt wrote:Well, that at least lets us know it isn't the weapon selection screen itself.

Which package did you download? I have tried several working ones...

Hey. Both 0.16.1 from main download page and nightly build 0.17 I grabbed, same problem I ran into...

Then do you know the ram requirement for the game to run properly? :geek:

Edit: It was the offline package, dude.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 29th September 2015, 19:47

Hmm, the offline tiles version (the apk from the crawl website) craps out for me too, both the online and console versions from the play store) seem to be working for me.

I seem to recall that there was also a tiles version somewhere in the play store that worked, but it wasn't an official port or anything.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 29th September 2015, 20:03

Siegurt wrote:Hmm, the offline tiles version (the apk from the crawl website) craps out for me too, both the online and console versions from the play store) seem to be working for me.

I seem to recall that there was also a tiles version somewhere in the play store that worked, but it wasn't an official port or anything.

Informati Maximvs! I'll search for those!

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 5th October 2015, 03:38

Trollnow001 wrote:
Siegurt wrote:Hmm, the offline tiles version (the apk from the crawl website) craps out for me too, both the online and console versions from the play store) seem to be working for me.

Informati Maximvs! I'll search for those!

BTW, 0.15 version of offline tiles for android works for me... I grabbed it by chance

Return to Technical Support