Small annoying message issue

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 31st May 2011, 13:27

Small annoying message issue

It seems that for some reason the "You feel more buoyant." message from the Levitation spell forces a --more-- prompt, unlike the very same message from Flight. Not sure why this happens, I don't have any related force_more_message settings in my init, is this hardcoded? Is there a way to disable it?

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 31st May 2011, 14:48

Re: Small annoying message issue

It's not hard coded, I don't have this problem. What version are you playing? Even in older versions, we never had a more prompt for "you feel more buoyant". We had one for "You are losing your buoyancy", but I removed it when I improved the expiration warnings.
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 31st May 2011, 15:40

Re: Small annoying message issue

I was playing 0.9.0-a0-323-gc7d0e26, when I switched to the latest build (0.9-a1-284-gd757680) it stopped doing that, as long as I used the default init. When I copied over my init from the older version I still got the more prompt. The weird part is that the old build gives me the prompt even with the default init (or rather, "gave", as the old build simply refuses to start now :x)
On both builds, regardless of the prompt, "You feel buoyant" from Levitation appears in blue unlike the same message from Flight which appears in light grey.

Edit: it seems the culprit is the "force_more_message = duration:" line in my init. I'm not even sure what that line does, I simply copied it from the wiki page on Extension (I miss you Extension :()

Return to Technical Support