file location migration?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

lxl

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 1st June 2011, 22:13

file location migration?

Hello,

Apologies if this issue has been dealt with in the past.

I played a self-compiled 0.7.1 stone soup on a linux system for some time. I recently backed up the directory in which I compiled the application and proceeded to install a newer OS from scratch (debian testing wheezy). My newer OS has a package for 0.7.1, so I simply installed that through the usual repositories.

I found the 'morgue' and 'saves' folders from my backup and copying those into the relevant ~/.crawl folders doesn't seem to update the high score list ($ crawl-tiles --scores).

My question: how do I go about migrating *all* my previous data to the new system? Simply copying the 'saves' and 'morgue' folder isn't enough. What am I missing? I didn't/don't have an ongoing game, so I have no objections to cleaning out ~/.crawl or even reinstalling the program.

Thanks in advance,
J

lxl

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 1st June 2011, 22:55

Re: file location migration?

...I should mention that I did find the /var/games/crawl folder. Unfortunately, I did not back that up from my old system. Is there a way to reproduce/recreate the 'logfile' and 'scores' (and perhaps the bones files, too) file found in that folder given all the other data I have?

Thanks in advance for any all insight.
J

lxl

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 2nd June 2011, 04:12

I've experimented around a bit -- mostly by playing a few 'dummy' games to see where files get created. I think I've figured it out.

For those interested, I did the the following:
  Code:
$ cd /path/to/backup/stone_soup-0.7.1-1-g7ce9b19/source/saves/
$ cp bones.* logfile scores /var/games/crawl
$ cd /var/games/crawl
$ chown <myusername>.games bones.*
$ chown games.games logfile scores

Some of the above commands may need special privileges on your machine.

Cheers,
J

For this message the author lxl has received thanks:
plaidman

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 2nd June 2011, 14:56

I love it when people write the solution to their problems if they figured it out themselves. So many times I've googled and found threads that say, "Never mind, figured it out." Thumbs up to you, sir. Or madam.

Return to Technical Support