Webtiles Not Loading

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 2nd July 2015, 05:30

Webtiles Not Loading

So, I am wanting to play webstiles online, but every time I try to start a game the page gets stuck on "loading" and I have no idea why. I select my version to start a game, then it has the loading screen riht before you choose your character and such, but it just freezes on that and I can't play.

I've tried on the different webtiles and the problem is the same for all of them. I've also tried using 3 different browsers and the problem was the same. Is there something I need to download to make it work?
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 2nd July 2015, 12:44

Re: Webtiles Not Loading

No downloads. I'm not sure whats going wrong beyond that.
Usual account: pblur on kelbi

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 2nd July 2015, 14:25

Could it be a firewall blocking the Web tiles socket?
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Swamp Slogger

Post Thursday, 2nd July 2015, 17:04

See if your browser supports websockets here: http://websocketstest.com/

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 2nd July 2015, 17:40

rockygargoyle wrote:See if your browser supports websockets here: http://websocketstest.com/

I assumed that was unlikely give that he said he used three different ones (I suppose it us possible he used three browsers old enough that they don't support it)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 3rd July 2015, 05:23

It says websockets do work for me.
To all new players: Ignore all strategy guides posted on the wiki, ask questions in the Advice forum, players with lots of posts normally have the best advice.

crawl.akrasiac.org:8080 <- take this link to play online or spectate.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 3rd July 2015, 05:41

Have you tried:
1. Wait for it to load (give it a few minutes - I have a bandwidth monitor so I just wait until the bandwidth use drops off)
2. Once it's loaded, refresh the page.

I always have to do this whenever it's a new version.
streaks: 5 fifteen rune octopodes. 15 diverse chars. 13 random chars. 24 NaWn^gozag.
251 total wins Berder hyperborean + misc
83/108 recent wins (76%)
guides: safe tactics value of ac/ev/sh forum toxicity

Return to Technical Support