404 Errors while trying to access member lists

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 4th May 2015, 20:45

404 Errors while trying to access member lists

Not sure if this goes here, but I've been experiencing a 404 error while trying to find members by the first letter of their name.

The path I've been following is:
Members (at the top of the page)
I then click on a letter, assuming that this would cause a page to load bearing a list of all members whose pseudonyms start with that name, except no. Insta-404

Thought I'd just point it out in case no-one knew

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 4th May 2015, 21:52

Re: 404 Errors while trying to access member lists

Yeah, I noticed that too, if you click on a column header to sort the list differently, then click on a letter it works without issue though:
For example telling it to sort by username, then clicking on 'J' results in:
memberlist.php?first_char=j&mode=&sk=a&sd=a
Which works fine
(Apparently the script needs the sort order in the link to work on first_char without dying.)
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 4th May 2015, 22:05

Re: 404 Errors while trying to access member lists

Siegurt wrote:Yeah, I noticed that too, if you click on a column header to sort the list differently, then click on a letter it works without issue though:
For example telling it to sort by username, then clicking on 'J' results in:
memberlist.php?first_char=j&mode=&sk=a&sd=a
Which works fine
(Apparently the script needs the sort order in the link to work on first_char without dying.)

Thanks! I must admit to curiosity as to what convolution of code would create such an issue though...

Return to Technical Support