Will there be an Android ASCII update?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 22nd September 2014, 14:49

Will there be an Android ASCII update?

Hi,
I am very fond of the android "unofficial" ASCII port. Does anyone know if the development is still active? (just a way of asking if there will be a 0.15 port... :mrgreen:)

I tried the official port with tiles, but it is really to small and difficult to play without hardware keyboard (Nexus 7). Maybe there is something I didn't grasp in the configuration...

Best regards,
meta.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 22nd September 2014, 15:34

Re: Will there be an Android ASCII update?

AFAIK the developer of that port doesn't log into these forums very often (Most recent visit was February of 2013)

You might try sending them a private message, maybe it will reach them:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1541
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 24th September 2014, 17:36

Thanks, nice idea! I will try this.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 21st October 2014, 08:53

Any response? I also much prefer the ASCII Android version over the official tiles-only. I always play ASCII/Unicode otherwise and IMHO the UI of the ASCII version is much better than the tiles version.

You could also try the "official" thread for the Android ASCII port on this forum: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5163

I also posted it as an issue (#51) to the tracker on Googlecode: https://code.google.com/p/dungeon-crawl ... ssues/list

I hope Michael/barbs will be able to update the project or perhaps someone else could do it. I guess the best would be to have it as an "official" port and part of the regular port update process?

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 25th October 2014, 07:00

Sorry for the late answer...

Barbs answered me (very kindly) that he intends to update, but cannot provider an ETA ;-)

Best regards.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 17:38

Android ASCII version has been updated to 0.15.2.

Many thanks to barbs for this!

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 13th March 2015, 21:55

Any chance 0.16 will get an android ascii port? Really really wish this was part of the official ports... Barbs done a great job, feel guilty asking so soon after 0.15.2 just reached play store.

Return to Technical Support