Is this a bug? Game shut down after zot trap

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 29th August 2014, 14:03

Is this a bug? Game shut down after zot trap

I was playing webtiles 0.15 on CLAN and stepped on a zot trap on Spider 2, which summoned an eldritch tentacle.

When I moved off the trap, I needed to move onto a tile with one of my zombies, and I got the message : "are you sure you want to make your zombie move onto a zot trap?"

When I typed yes, the game immediately quit, and upon reloading I was back at the start of the level.

I didn't want to go posting this as a bug report unless I was sure it was actually a bug with the game, and not just a server problem with CLAN or some kind of issue with my connection...

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 29th August 2014, 17:01

Re: Is this a bug? Game shut down after zot trap

It was a bug.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 29th August 2014, 17:08

Re: Is this a bug? Game shut down after zot trap

I've had Eldritch tentacle-related crashes as well. I wonder if it has something to do with the game trying to create two tentacles at once? I've seen it happen once in Tomb when I actually knew the spell, so it's possible a Zot trap tried to open another one, and again on a Pan lord zig floor, where it's possible multiple Pan lords might try to cast it I suppose.
I enjoy trying to win distinct Race / Class / God combinations. Wins so far: HOFi^Beogh, MiGl^Trog, GhEE^Chei, GrNe^Kiku, DDMo^Yred, OgIE^Ash, VpEn^Dith, VSWr^Zin, OpWz^Sif, SpAs^Veh, CeHu^Qaz, NaWn^Xom, DsCj^Makh, FoSk^Ru

Return to Technical Support