Will it run on Windows Surface Pro?

Problems running or configuring the software, commands & options, compiling, different platforms, using the interface, documentation, etc.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 21st August 2014, 09:23

Will it run on Windows Surface Pro?

Hi all,

Anyone got any experience of running DCSS on a Microsoft Surface Pro? If yes - is (webtiles) playable?

With / without keyboard attached?

Thanks,
Dez
3-5 rune wins: NaMo of Chei, SpEn of Ash, MiBe, VsBe. 15 rune win: DeFe of Vehumet

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 21st August 2014, 09:27

Re: Will it run on Windows Surface Pro?

Webtiles is mostly operated through a keyboard, so it'll be quite difficult to play it without one.
take it easy
  Code:
!lg * won !DD-- min=turns -log
<Sequell> 20749. Bloax, XL24 VSTm, T:13320: http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/Bloax/morgue-Bloax-20140907-000920.txt

Did you know that I like ruining crawl every now and then? Go check it out.

Mines Malingerer

Post Thursday, 21st August 2014, 09:51

Yup i hear you. THere is the "virtual" popup keyboard ... but no idea how that would play with the screen / device.

Anyway ... if anyone has played DCSS on a Surface Pro please let me know ... may make the difference between Surface Pro or Ultrabook
(I travel a lot with work and spend many evenings in hotel rooms ... DCSS is a great way to spend an evening when away from home!)

Dez
3-5 rune wins: NaMo of Chei, SpEn of Ash, MiBe, VsBe. 15 rune win: DeFe of Vehumet

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 22nd August 2014, 22:41

I play Crawl frequently on my Surface Pro, although I do have the keyboard, I couldn't imagine playing without one. Makes plane rides go by in a snap! :D
I enjoy trying to win distinct Race / Class / God combinations. Wins so far: HOFi^Beogh, MiGl^Trog, GhEE^Chei, GrNe^Kiku, DDMo^Yred, OgIE^Ash, VpEn^Dith, VSWr^Zin, OpWz^Sif, SpAs^Veh, CeHu^Qaz, NaWn^Xom, DsCj^Makh, FoSk^Ru

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Tuesday, 23rd September 2014, 07:09

WalrusMcFishSr wrote:I play Crawl frequently on my Surface Pro, although I do have the keyboard, I couldn't imagine playing without one. Makes plane rides go by in a snap! :D

Do you play the ascii, tiles or webtiles version? I recently tried to play the tiles version on my surface pro, but found that the screen region is much too large and doesn't conform to fit automatically.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 23rd September 2014, 22:04

Range4Dayz wrote:
WalrusMcFishSr wrote:I play Crawl frequently on my Surface Pro, although I do have the keyboard, I couldn't imagine playing without one. Makes plane rides go by in a snap! :D

Do you play the ascii, tiles or webtiles version? I recently tried to play the tiles version on my surface pro, but found that the screen region is much too large and doesn't conform to fit automatically.

ASCII for me
I enjoy trying to win distinct Race / Class / God combinations. Wins so far: HOFi^Beogh, MiGl^Trog, GhEE^Chei, GrNe^Kiku, DDMo^Yred, OgIE^Ash, VpEn^Dith, VSWr^Zin, OpWz^Sif, SpAs^Veh, CeHu^Qaz, NaWn^Xom, DsCj^Makh, FoSk^Ru

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 25th October 2014, 18:20

Why do you people even use devices without buttons. I still can't wrap my head around it.
Hirsch I wrote:Also,are you calling me a power-gamer? this is highly offensive! now excuse me, I have to go back to my GrBe game, that I savescummed until trog gave me a Vampiric +9 claymore.

Blades Runner

Post Saturday, 25th October 2014, 19:34

I play it on the pro, with the keyboard though. You could still do it with the virtual keyboard i guess
114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep

Return to Technical Support